The 2018 Roadrunner Winter Junior Baseball Program
Ideal for boys and girls aged 7-17 in Banyule, Nillumbik, Whittlesea and Manningham councils in Victoria!
to register your details and someone will be in touch with you
The Roadrunner Junior baseball program offers the opportunity for boys and girls and their families to be part of the Research Lower Plenty Baseball Club, which has been around for more than 60 years.
- Qualified adult baseball coaches who are current and experienced senior baseball players.
- Place the emphasis on team, skill and individual development. They are there to build the confidence and life skills of your children using baseball as its framework.
- Are mandated to have Working with Children Accreditation. No exceptions.
- Will take place on either Wednesday or Thursday evenings between 5.30pm-7:00pm.
- Is held at our home baseball field - Glenauburn Park, Lower Plenty on Cavanagh Road, Lower Plenty -
click here for google map.
- Played on Saturday mornings. Start times are the same each week and vary depending on the age group. Junior baseball games typically take 1.5-2 hours and usually end by 10.30am.
- Vary in location:
- U11’s – Elder Street Reserve, 4 Manfred Street, Watsonia (Greensborough Baseball Club)
- U13’s – Banyule Flats, 38 Somerset Drive, Viewbank (See map below).
- U15’s – Home and Away series against other clubs in the Northern Suburbs.
- U17’s – Home and Away series against other clubs in the North East
Who can play?
- Any family, boys or girls who are looking to be part of a great sport and a great family club.
- It does not matter where you live – you can join our club. We typically have players from many suburbs, including Montmorency, Lower Plenty, Research, Eltham, Briar Hill, Greensborough, Rosanna, Macleod, Viewbank, Hursbridge, Epping, South Morang, Doncaster and Mill Park. Our coach for the Under 15’s even comes out from Bonbeach!!
Registration fees include two portions – club fees and Baseball Victoria Fees.
- Club fees cover the provision of equipment, players insurance, clubroom facilities leased through Banyule City Council, and incidentals such as participation trophies for younger players.
- Both fees combined typically fall in the range of $120-$200.
We always have been and will continue to be a not for profit club and all funds generated through grant applications, fund raising, sponsorships are reinvested back into the the club for the benefit of our members.
Would you like to be added to our database to find out more about our Summer Baseball Program?
- If you have a child new to baseball aged 5-12, check out our February Tball Smash program – one of Victoria’s largest Tball programs at www.tballsmash.com.au.
For more information